Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Getting to Know You

The Foster Shop Cat is now safely ensconced in our second bathroom at the store, with a litter box, a bowl of water and and a bowl of dry food and what's left of her plate of wet food.  She put a pretty good hurting on the first part of the can, so I think she'll finish it off.  At one point, she went from one corner, tucked behind some unused slat-wall, walked carefully and deliberately over my legs, and hid underneath a small cabinet that used to be in the other bathroom.  We fed her the rest of her food from there.  Sean and I took turns reaching under the cabinet and scritching her on her face, while she rewarded us with hearty purrs.

We also gave her a little bed with a roof in case she gets cold, and she can get back into her carrier if she wants to.  Right before I left for the night, she reached out and put her little paw in my hands and let me hold it or about fifteen seconds or so.  If you know anything about cats, you know that this is one of the clearest signs that a cat trusts you.  I can't even describe how touched I was by that small gesture.

I'd post the picture of her eating, but a.) it's a bit dark and blurry, and b.) I can't seem to get it to send from my phone.  Hopefully I'll have other pics to post later.  Fingers crossed--I really hope she works out.





No comments:

Post a Comment