Sunday, June 25, 2017

One Big Happy Sleepy Family

I thought it would eventually happen, or at least I hoped it would:  that moment where all the buddies were sleeping with us in the same bed at the same time.  It seemed pretty unlikely in the immediate future, what with Coco still running under the guest bed sometimes because we're still scary, and Zelda not being into the whole "cuddling" thing, and Cooper having the zoomies all the time.

So the other night, when we turned in for bed two hours past my normal bedtime, we got a little concerned when we didn't find Coco right away.  She wasn't on the guest bed, and she wasn't under it either.  It had been super-humid, so we'd closed up the house early and turned on the A/C, but it had been hours since we'd done that, so we were a little afraid she'd been stuck out on the screened-in porch the whole time.  As Sean was checking out there, I went into our bedroom, and found her lying on our bed (I'm pretty sure for the first time), as nicely as you'd please.  It was like she was making a point that it was way past our bed time and time to cuddle already.  I crept into the bed slowly so as not to spook her, and Sean did the same, followed closely by Reggie.  Zelda jumped up on Sean's side and lay down at his feet, book-ending Coco on the other side.  Then Cooper jumped up and curled up around my hair and snuggled in tight.  For a minute, I was sure I must be sleeping and this must just be a dream, but it wasn't.  We really did have all four buddies sleeping in the bed at the same time, and in record time.  

Sweet dreams, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment